Saturday, November 04, 2006

Update: New York City Transit Bites

So, I got an envelope in the mail this week from my friends at New York City Transit. They declined to give me any credit for the $24 I put on a MetroCard and have not yet used, stating that they were
"unable to replace any value/time on your MetroCard(s) because more than one year has past [sic] since the expiration date of the MetroCard(s). ... As a result, we are returning the original card(s) that you mailed into this office."
Not sure what they want me to do with the original card, on which they have placed a sticker stating their policy of stealing unused money from their customers.

Incidentally, the expiration date listed on the card is July 31, 2005 -- I had my "unlimited ride" MetroCards coming in from WageWorks by mail every month up through May 2006, at which point I was out of the country for two months.

No comments: