Saturday, July 07, 2007

Micro-Run

Today was 7-7-07, apparently an auspicious day for weddings (although in Chinese numerology, it might be worth waiting for 8-8-08). To honor the occasion, I went to the intersection of 7th Avenue and 7th Street, and also took this picture of the 77th Street Station on the 6 line. (If only I had gone on the 7 train as well, and done one of my 7s at 7:07 a.m. and the other one at 7:07 p.m., I'd have been all set.)

I liked this trompe l'oeuil on W 83rd Street, outside a dry cleaner's.


This week, like the last several weeks, I indulged in a micro-run ... just 2 or 3 songs' length before I stopped. I have (ahem) missed my goal of running all the way around the park without stopping by the end of June, but I have accomplished my goal of running every week (only missed 3 weeks so far) without otherwise pushing myself. Just goes to show that if you set your goals low enough, you can meet them.

I did listen to some good music during my mosey, including "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles. It was iTune's "free song of the week" a few weeks ago, and is the best free song they've offered so far. It reminds me of Laura Brenneman's songs in style, subject matter and tone. (The lyrics are addressed to a lover who has demanded a love song, and will not be given one.)

This frieze on an apartment building on the upper east side near the Met seems appropriate for my micro-runs:

No comments: