Sunday, October 25, 2009

Through the Bible in Less Than a Year!

I'll be posting very rarely on this subject, but Genesis Chapter 50 was very helpful on a day when I was seething, in a foul mood, tired and resentful of others. After Jacob's death, the brothers who had wronged Joseph (Yosef) are worried that he will retaliate. Instead, he reiterates his forgiveness:


"Do not be afraid! For am I in place of God?

Now you, you planned ill against me,

(but) God planned-it-over for good,

in order to do (as is) this very day --

to keep many people alive.

So now, do not be afraid!

I myself will sustain you and your little-ones!"

And he comforted them and spoke to their hearts.

-- Genesis 50:19-21.


If Joseph can forgive and sustain the brothers who with callous jealousy faked his death and sold him into slavery, surely I can forgive others their much lesser transgressions (which were not even directed at me in the first place) - and I can be forgiven mine.


No comments: