Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Recurring Theme

Scenario 1: I've just taken a trapeze class to see what it's like. It's exhilarating. I mention this to Z.
Z: Where is this leading? Are you going to join the circus?

Scenario 2: I'm picking up shells on the beach that have perfectly drilled holes in them, to see if I can make an interesting pair of earrings that will remind me of happy times by the sea. I mention this to Z.
Z: Are you going into the jewelry business?

Scenario 3: I'm showing off a few photos I'm particularly proud of, to Z and some others.
Z: Are you going into the photography business?

As of press time, I'm happy to report that I will be immediately switching careers to become a camera-wielding trapeze artist who specializes in making jewelry out of photographs taken mid-swing. Operators are standing by to take your order.

No comments: