Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend in Review

On Saturday, I met up with some friends at Chelsea Market to celebrate birthdays of those born in the Year of the Snake.  The organizer was the only actual celebrant, but it was still good to get together.

We ate near this magical archway:



It was a great day for a walk, so I walked 5 or 6 miles around the city.

This reminded me of our old home in Belgium, where the upper floor was
almost entirely windows.  We had to place bird silhouettes on the windows.
In the evening, I went up to the roof and read "She" (by Rider Haggard), which apparently was an inspiration for many of the details of Galadriel's mirror scene in Lord of the Rings.

A view from the roof at sunset

Sunset reflected on buildings.  I just love this.
On Sunday, U-chan and her mom graciously offered to teach me how to make Gyoza dumplings.  Be still, my heart!  So delicious.  And my friend Carolyn made canelés.

I am so lucky to have such talented and generous friends!!!!

Dumplings and salads.


First of three batches of canelé

A beautiful red silicone canelé tray.

Dumpling makers and eaters.
We feasted and had a very merry time.  

No comments: