Friday, August 02, 2013

Learning the hard way

Apartment still in chaos, but I've hung up curtains in the living room and gave away my old a/c window unit so it's already better now.  Need to reorganize the storage spaces to reincorporate the stuff I've brought back. Goal is to streamline and make it easy to access even when things are up on high shelves.  Need to figure out where to keep things (and which things not to keep).  Tempted to keep portable linen closet, and small dish rack - but better to give em away, I think. And maybe time to get rid of the shelves and showerhead I've had lying around for - oh, I dunno - a decade.

Remember that contractor who wouldn't give me a start date? Well, he finally tells me he can start ... the next day.  Communication? Not really his strong point.  Nor clean-up or customer focus, as it turns out. Nothing is his fault. Signs of carelessness are blithely explained away and dismissed. But we finally reached a compromise.  And happily the project is over.  I'd been hoping I'd found someone I could work with on a bigger project I have in mind, but I suppose it's almost as good to rule him out without additional headaches.

No comments: