Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Walk in the Park

I've been feeling lethargic for a while, which is usually a sign that I need to get out more and do more yoga and hiking.  But I've also been slowly cleaning out extra books and clothes and other items that have been cluttering up my apartment, which also helps.  

I saw a screening of "Song One" the other night at the Museum of the Moving Image, followed by a live interview with Anne Hathaway, her co-star, and the writer/director of the film, and I was (to my surprise) rather impressed by Ms. Hathaway.  I suppose I tend to lazily and unfairly assume that "Hollywood types" are superficial etc., but she really came across as genuinely warm, lively, and articulate.  It was interesting as well to hear how the project evolved, and how the three main actors got involved.  The film itself was mostly quiet and reflective in spirit (except for one scene in a nightclub), and really lovely to look at.  Not ground-breaking, but certainly enjoyable.

And I also went for a walk in the park, which seemed a lot longer than it should have.  




The other thing I need to do, and am starting to do, is really think through my goals and priorities.  It may be time to make some lists of pros and cons of various projects that have been on my mind for a while now.  But a walk in the park is always a good start.

No comments: