Sunday, March 06, 2016

Flitting around the Museum of Natural History

Patricia graciously invited me along to the museum to use some free tickets she'd gotten from a friend.  We went at 1 pm or so, and it was a madhouse.  Peak visiting time for sure!

We got tickets to all the special exhibits and events.  The "Dark Matter" show at the planetarium and the exhibit about the human body failed to grip, but the IMAX film about the national parks was fun to watch.



The highlight was the butterfly exhibit.  I'd been to it once before several years ago, with my mom.  The species were different this time.  Apparently, the museum does not get to choose what kinds it gets.  Instead, federal officials make the determination (based, presumably, on which populations are healthiest etc.).


Only one butterfly landed on me this time, but I suppose there's no need to be greedy.  :)










No comments: