Sunday, July 09, 2006

World Cup

Some very stirring pictures (although perhaps not such stellar play) from the World Cup final. The players' emotions are right on the line, like small children. But if they "knew" it was only a game, they wouldn't be there in the big time.

Given that the Irish did not have a dog in this fight (so to speak), Dublin was surprisingly full of Italians celebrating their victory. I note, however, that these Italians shouted "Italia!" with quite a variety of accents, some more convincing than others.

One other item worth noting: I accepted a new job today, about a month before I was thinking of starting the job search in earnest. Oh well. My life of leisure had to come to an end sooner or later, I suppose. Or did it? The new job should be fun and challenging. Plus there will be better hours and a shorter commute. Yippeee!

No comments: