Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy April Fool's Day

After mahjong yesterday (which was a blast), I went to the park and quickly realized I didn't feel like running at all -- something I blame entirely on the fact that I had just eaten a large slice of something nominally considered a "chocolate cake" but actually just a seething mass of chocolate mousse and creme brule. So I just walked around the park once, enjoying the fresh air, and didn't even bother to try breaking a sweat.

Caught a performance by Laura Brenneman at Caffe Vivaldi on Saturday evening - very nice. I particularly enjoyed the song about Abby & the Captain. Several songs were very funny and poignant, including one called "I Wanna Write 'West Side Story'". Her husband says his favorite song is "Better", in which someone keeps speculating that both she and her beloved might each be better off with someone else... but then admits at the end that she comes back to bed every night with her beloved.

Today I felt really crummy; my mind was just in the wrong place. After dragging myself to Palm Sunday service and listening to perspectives on cultural/religious differences in Jamaica, South America, the former Soviet Union, Ghana, and the Sudan, I went running and eked out 1.9 miles. It didn't lift my spirits as much as I'd hoped. I think I just need to figure out what I'm doing for Easter and get my taxes done.

My grandfather just wished me and a host of other people a combination happy Easter Sunday [sic] and a happy April Fool's Day. He's not much of a churchgoer.

1 comment:

Runner NYC said...

I need more details about the dessert, including what it's called and where you got it!

Sorry about the bum mood and that running didn't help. Don't give up!