Monday, May 14, 2007

I did it!

Tonight, on the roof of a three-story building along the Hudson River, I climbed up a rickety ladder to a small platform, rubbed chalk on my hands, reached out far out into the void for the bar, and JUMPED! I then did the impossible (I was sure it would kill me): I swung my legs up onto the bar, let go with my hands, then swung upside down by my knees with my eyes open. This is called the "knee-hang" for somewhat obvious reasons.



Scary. Cool. What else can I say? (The picture is not of me, but of someone trying the next step after the knee-hang, where you actually swing forward and letting go of the bar so someone can catch you. He was a natural - got it on his second try, as shown in the photo below.)



Capped off a great day that started with 1.8-mile run in the park to my latest jump-mix.

3 comments:

Runner NYC said...

Wow! That's so cool! Are you going to keep taking lessons?

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I am afraid of heights (I was not like this when I was younger...) but I would love to come with you next time you do it. Let me know...U "B" O

LeesMyth said...

I'll go once more before the end of the summer. Just need to schedule it a few weeks out....