Sunday, June 21, 2009

Look at Me, Mommy, Look at Meeee!

The officers' retreat was fun, especially since we had a few lucky breaks with the weather. Z picked me up afterward. We watched Street Kings, which was interesting (though not as good as last week's Gran Torino), and I asked him a question I'd been wanting to ask. It left me feeling pretty vulnerable, just to ask -- and then clarify -- my question. But there are different levels of vulnerability, after all. We had dinner with his son, who is a real sweetheart, and then I went back to the city.

I was so glad to be at church this morning for the ordination and installation of our new officers. The laying on of hands never ceases to move me. Our pastor took a look back at his first sermon here and explained how his view of the challenges of this church had changed over the course of the year. He's come a long way.

No comments: