Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 6: Campbeltown to Machrihanish

Kintyre Way Navigation: [Jump to Start] [Previous Post]

The final day of the hike is 20 miles from Campbeltown to Dunaverty at the southern tip of the Kintyre Way. We took a bus from Campbeltown to Machrihanish to cut out the first five miles of road-walking.

Machrihanish was lovely. We saw some seals sunning themselves on the rocks:


The path soon started climbing, again with lovely views:


However, about 3 km into the walk, I decided that what I really wanted to do was relax by the beach and watch the seals. So I turned around, and that's what I did.

It was a very enjoyable afternoon on a day that can be a bit solemn sometimes.




I took the bus back to Campbeltown, and met the rest of the gang around 7 pm when they returned to the hotel. It had been a long day for them, but they all lived to tell about it.

We went to an Indian restaurant in town to celebrate the end of the walk.

Kintyre Way Navigation: [Jump to Start] [Previous Post]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! I really enjoyed reading your blog, and especially looking at your excellent pictures. Sarah has only sent me 2 and one of them was of a porpoise that just looked like a blob in the sea. Glad you had fun.

LeesMyth said...

Thanks, Rachel! I haven't even seen the putative porpoise picture, so you're ahead of me there!!

Unknown said...

Hey Laura,
Beautiful pix with a great narrative. You should become a writer! Thanks for sharing.

LeesMyth said...

You're so sweet, Stella! Thanks for stopping by.