Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 6: Saltburn to Runswick Bay

Cleveland Way Navigation: [Start of Trip] - [Previous Day] - [Next Day] - [End of Trip]

Today, I awoke early and it was drizzling. I walked out onto the veranda and snuck this picture of the sunrise super-quick before my camera got too damp:


Then I packed my camera away. The weather was not supposed to be good, so why risk damaging it? The camera stayed warm and dry, traveling comfortably in the Sherpa Van, deep in my luggage.

The weather cleared up quickly, again, and we had spectacular views -- we kept coming around corners and seeing higher bluffs or cliffs before us. Really beautiful.

There was more climbing today than I expected, but we made it to Runswick Bay and unpacked. We followed the Cleveland Way down into the center of town.

A sailboat weather vane on a rooftop:

A roundabout with chasing arrows (a "vicious cycle", perhaps?):

Houses nestled into the slope around Runswick Bay:

A friendly young seagull, which has not learned to be afraid of people - and has not learned to be aggressive and obnoxious like mature seagulls:

Bill tackles a knickerbocker ice cream concoction:

Sarah with a soft serve:

The clouds moved very swiftly across the sky.

Me and my shadow:

A lovely town in the afternoon sun:





Cleveland Way Navigation: [Start of Trip] - [Previous Day] - [Next Day] - [End of Trip]

No comments: