Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day at the Chocolate Show

I'd never been to the NYC Chocolate Show before -- the few times I'd stumbled across it or thought of attending, the lines were rather daunting. But at 4:30 pm on Veterans Day, there was no line to get in, and the booths were not excessively crowded.

The William Dean chocolates were pretty.



Some of their chocolates were actually airbrushed (I'll upload that picture later).

My favorite sample was actually a plain chocolate truffle from Fifth Avenue Chocolatiere, made with creme fraiche and served slightly cool. Absolutely delicious.

The price is a bit steep (I don't think I sampled anywhere near $30 worth of chocolate), but I did enjoy the samples and some demonstrations.

I left in time for a writers group meeting, which was focused on the concept of "holy ground" and the nature of a calling -- the discussion was organized around the story of Moses and the burning bush. (More on this later.)

No comments: