Saturday, January 15, 2011

Museum of the Moving Image

It has re-opened at last! This weekend was the grand re-opening -- I'm not sure they were expecting such crowds, but being featured in Time Out New York probably helped.

My old favorites were there -- e.g., the flipbook maker and the dialogue dubbing studio -- but I also really liked this work, Augmented Sculpture (by Pablo Valbuena, 2007):










I took some videos (some of those photos are video stills), but I think you really have to see it in person to get the full sense of the piece. It's magical.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I now see that I managed (very easily) to post my comment in the wrong place !!
Continuing in the right place (?) stayed in La Mansion del Rio hotel, if memory is correct, had frontage/rear onto the river walk, was fascinated by the walkway, on way only drove on wrong side once when exiting main road to a diner, wanted "the special" or whatever.