Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Brooklyn Transportation Alternatives: Snowfall Edition


I went out for a walk in the first snowfall, with an idea that I might go see a movie, or possibly stop by a hardware store to get some supplies.  But the hardware store was closed, the subways were slow, and the weather blustery enough that I was dissuaded ... and in any event I was completely sidetracked by the extraordinary number of bicycles parked unprotected outside in the snow.  Most were locked; a few nonetheless lacked wheels.  A few intrepid delivery folks were actually riding their bikes, but they tended to park 'em under awnings when they stopped.

This is why Target uses self-locking shopping carts







On 5th Avenue: bicyclist, pedestrian and parked vehicles.

Sans seat, sans wheels, sans gear chain, sans all.

A horse! A horse!  My kingdom for a -- oh, never mind.


 


Special delivery




I saw 4 parked motorcycle/moped vehicles, and 2 in active use.



2 bikes under the awning, 1 on the curb




Love the black and white stripes.



No comments: