Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Accomplishments

So, today I had the day off.  Obviously, I spent the day thinking about Lincoln.  Obviously.

But I also managed to get some stuff done in-between those deep, Lincolny thoughts.  Ran 2 miles (woot!).  Scanned and shredded a small mountain of documents that had been piling up since October.  Started assembling the documents I'll need for Tax Day.  Went to my volunteer reading program (my student was absent, worse luck, but at least I get credit for trying).  Picked up some books and movies from the library. Re-stocked basic kitchen supplies (ginger, garlic, onions, almonds) and picked up some dried mangoes (yum).  Cleaned things up a bit around the apartment.  Read several chapters of Between Silk and Cyanide.  Enjoyed the bouts of sunshine as they occurred sporadically throughout the day.  Didn't get a lot done on my coursework, but I consider it a day well-spent.

No comments: