Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Farewell Sanibel!

Today's highlights: 
  • two river otters on the path scurried off-trail when my dad and I made eye contact (we heard them chuffing out of sight afterward); 
  • two roseate spoonbills circled overhead, wings pinkly backlit; 
  • a flock of ibises took off right in front of us and filled the sky overhead on their way.


Another observer!


I didn't have my camera ready, so I only captured one of the flock...
There were also turkey vultures circling overhead (six of them) and all the usual anoles running around.

Fish near the entrance to the refuge

It's not often that I get to look over the shoulder of an egret...

For lunch, some sweet potato latkes and homemade biscuits (yum), followed by more homemade cookies to take on the plane (thanks, Mom!).  A really lovely trip.  


No comments: