Sunday, April 06, 2014

The Big Egg Hunt

Now, instead of Cows on Parade, we have (just in time for Easter?) the Big Egg Hunt. In addition to the egg my friends and I saw at the NY Botanical Garden, we spotted two in Grand Central.

 




The egg near the Station Master's Office was nice enough, and it led us to a quilting exhibition which was pretty cool. 
I didn't particularly care for the Grand Prize winning quilt 
(which just goes to show how little I know about quilting), 
but I really liked the First and Second Prize winners.


My favorite quilt won
Second Prize...


...while my second favorite
won First Prize.  


But I loved this egg, which we found near the entrance to the GC Market and Dining Concourse:


I was so inspired that when I got home, I undertook a Little Egg Hunt: 

My own egg is the size of a regular egg.  The Faberge versions are a little larger.

a smaller view of the big egg







No comments: