Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cold Spring - Easy Loops

I went hiking both days this weekend.  On Saturday, it was with folks from the Society for Ethical Culture.  We went Washburn (white) up and over Mt. Taurus [2.3 miles] to Notch (blue) [partial] to Brook (red) [partial] to Cornish (blue) [1.4 miles].  Add another 1.6 miles for the walk to and from the trailhead.  My friend's pedometer read approximately 7 miles.  

Sunday was a solo expedition.  I got too late a start to do the Cold Spring to Beacon traverse, so I did Washburn (white) [2.3 miles] to Nelsonville (green) [2.3 miles], for an easy hike.  Add another 1.8 miles for the walk to and from the trailhead - looks like approximately 6.4 miles.

The pictures here are all from Sunday.  I've taken a lot of pictures of this pool with the reflected trees:


This is where the two roads diverged in the wood, and I took the one less travelled by (i.e., Nelsonville)

I overheard someone say that a lot of folks were in the woods gathering ramps. 

Cherry tree along the walk back to town


No comments: