Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Day 5: At Sea

We either spent this day at sea (in which case I read Dune and got a massage using the free credits we got for the canceled stop in Yalta), or else I simply got too jaded to take photos.  So here's a picture of a swimming pool onboard the ship.  


Before my massage, I had to fill out a form about my health etc.  Among other things, they asked me to rate my stress level on a scale of 1 to 10.  Um, do you mean now, while I'm on vacation - or the "average" everyday stress level when I'm at home and expected to show up for work each weekday?  Well, I muddled through the form somehow and the massage was okay, except that my muscles felt bruised and tender afterward.  Which almost seems to defeat the purpose, doesn't it?  My sister-in-law went in for some sort of poultice massage which was apparently the Best Thing Ever; she even kept the poultice as a souvenir!

No comments: