Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Solo III: Garrison - Undercliff - Washburn

I passed up on the opportunity to hike with a group that was going to Garrison, a town that is not particularly friendly to hikers.  Which was good, because I just missed the train as well - literally, as I approached the platform, the train pulled away.  It was my fault, as I mistakenly thought I could accomplish some things in the station in about 11-14 minutes, when I only had 15 minutes to spare before the train left.  Sigh.

The second irony is that I wasn't paying attention to the stops, and jumped out to make sure I didn't miss Cold Spring.  And it was Garrison.  So I walked Garrison to Cold Spring, then did a very small hike.























































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Japanese Maple (?) outside the house with the flag and the pumpkin.
Bill

LeesMyth said...

Thanks, Bill! I agree, it is probably a Japanese Maple. (Or possibly a Sugar Maple, if the leaves are wider.)