Monday, January 18, 2016

Blast from the Past: Post-9/11 Numerology and Paranoia

In late September 2001, a friend forwarded me an item that had freaked her out a little.  I don't remember all the details, but someone had pointed out that "George W. Bush" and "The Pentagon" each had exactly eleven letters, and that the WTC attacks had occurred on the eleventh of September.

I immediately replied with a permutation of her name (first initial plus last name) which had exactly eleven letters.  Then I said:
Coincidence? I don't think so.  I'd better call the FBI "really quick" (another 11 letters) to help them "investigate" (oh no, another 11 letters - they must be in on the plot too!  AAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!).
I signed off with a common presentation of my own name that also came to exactly 11 letters, followed by a quick postscript: "And in an odd coincidence, 'coincidence' has 11 letters too."

No comments: