Monday, January 29, 2007

Ah, but has he read the books?

A number of years ago, my family and I conspired to bring my grandfather into the computer age. We figured he would take well to a medium that allowed him to send and receive lots of messages for less than the cost of postage.

Little did we know: we created a monster. At age 96+ (although I think he tells the ladies he is a mere lad of 80), he lives in an apartment building that has a computer lab with internet connections ready for his use 24/7. He doesn't feel compelled to tell us what he's doing or thinking, but he sure as heck gets his money's worth out of forwarding endless cute pictures of animals, jokes, simple life philosophies, the occasional hoax warning, etc.

Among the dog pictures he forwarded, I particularly liked this rather clever Harry Potter themed costume for JK's most loyal canine fan:

1 comment:

Runner NYC said...

That is adorable! Thanks, Grandpa!!