Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Goodbye, New York

So it's about an hour before I get a ride to the airport. I'm so glad I took two extra days off before the trip, allegedly to pack, but really to relax and enjoy the last of summer. My place is still pretty clean from the party on Sunday, and I've dealt with most of the leftovers so there shouldn't be too many green fuzzy things to greet me when I return. Yesterday afternoon I did a load of laundry and went for a quick rollerblading jaunt (7 miles, with hills). I've started reading Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen (and prominently featured by Rev. Purdue this past Sunday). I've packed about twice as much as I'll actually need, and it all fits. I know where to go in Edinburgh and which trains/buses to take. I have things to read and listen to on the plane. My inner thigh hurts (and looks ugly as heck) where the incision was made, but I'm on antibiotics and OTC painkillers so that should be fine. My brother and his family have sold their old place and are almost completely moved into the new place; they can hear crickets at night (!) and LC is happily playing every day in the back yard. I'm hoping to see them the weekend of 9/21. And I've signed up for a very cool rafting trip in July 2008. Sunshine streaming in. Life is good.

No comments: