Friday, August 24, 2007

A Pivotal Time

May 2006 was very significant for me; a new beginning. Not everything has panned out as I hoped or imagined, but life has been good nonetheless.

As I was trying to clean up a few of my 3000+ images in iPhoto, three images from that era caught my eye - they each capture something of people and places from that time, and they each have become poignant to me in retrospect.

A visit to my friend's home in Long Island:



A trip to Yankee Stadium with FOCUS, for a game against the Rangers:

I have not seen my sister in some time, so I treasure this picture of P against the tiers of Yankees fans.

Late afternoon in Prospect Park with some friends who were, and remain, very dear to me:

To me, this picture captures something of U's spirit. And while that's an unusual mode for S - to be relaxed, smiling, no cell phone at his ear - it is very much him.

2 comments:

Runner NYC said...

Sister?

LeesMyth said...

Oddly, yes. Soul sister, if you like. We don't even know each other that well, but I feel like she is my sister (rather than a friend, or an acquaintance who might become a friend).

I occasionally meet brothers too. :-)