Friday, February 01, 2008

Engagement Party

Courtney's engagement party was quite a swell affair at the Hotel on Rivington, in the lower east side. I'm pretty familiar with the area because of an ex-boyfriend (he, and his parents, brother, sister, and grandmother all own apartments in the area). If I had taken his advice, I could have walked home after this event. Instead, I took the F train, which was nice because I ran into Mrs. Knight on her way home from Lincoln Center.

The entrance to the hotel was very modern and oddly reminiscent of Georgia O'Keefe paintings:


Even more so in close-up:


The party was in a three-story penthouse with glass walls on every level to provide 180+ degree views. Here's a view from the deck on the top floor (facing away from the hot tub):


It was a really fun time, but of course in my nerdly way, I just took a few pictures of the place and not the people. (Didn't feel like taking any group shots, and didn't want to single out particular individuals for photo opportunities.) Hopefully others will share their photos.

No comments: