Sunday, March 09, 2008

Aruba, Arriba!

X, whom I've not seen in 6 months, invited me to go to Aruba with him in April. Very tempting. After all, why shouldn't I fly thousands of miles and spend $1,500 to enjoy a weekend with someone who couldn't find a few hours for me since August? The funniest thing is that -- without my having raised any question whatsoever about his motivations -- he started to assure me that he had no ulterior motives. By way of proof, he informed me that he already had a girlfriend of 2 months, who would (alas) not be on the trip on the advice of counsel. How could I have let this man go? He is truly incredible. I'd have to look a long time, methinks, to find another like him.

I saw a few episodes from Season 5 of Six Feet Under this week. It was really good (though very much soap opera). Between this and The Thin Blue Line, I've got some DVD borrowing/renting to do.

At a restaurant/bar called "Spitzers" in the LES, they only serve beer and wine. Did they think of calling themselves "spritzers" or are they fans of the current governor?

2 comments:

Runner NYC said...

Does X=S? Are you going? Aruba is one of the few islands that I'm tempted to visit.

Is that Rowan Atkinson's "The Thin Blue Line"? I love that show!!

LeesMyth said...

No, X is not S, and I'm not going.

If X were S, I might consider going because he was a close friend of mine for several years, and we often traveled together even before we started dating (though only once since we broke up - I joined him and his family and some mutual friends on a ski trip in 2006).

But there was no way I was going on this Aruba trip, which was suggested by someone I have never traveled with before, and who has revealed himself, in the 10 months since we met, to be something less than a friend to me (even though he seems to have convinced himself that I'm one of his two best friends).

Yes, it IS that Thin Blue Line, and I just bought my own copy of the DVD!!