Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Surface of Things

A small child this week said to her mom as we passed on the street, "Mommy, that woman is a lot shorter than you." Her mom replied, "Remember what I told you? People come in all shapes and sizes." Coincidentally, the next day a new colleague said to me: "You're a short little thing, aren't you?" It was weird comment in the professional setting, particularly from someone who doesn't know me very well, but I think it was kindly meant. I told her my purpose in life was to make other people feel tall. I was kidding around of course, but it's a good "life purpose" since I accomplish it every day merely by existing and doing whatever I enjoy.

Question of the day, for a guy who says his partner must be "very attractive," but must not be overly concerned with her physical appearance: What are your expectations about how your partner will deal with the aging process?

No comments: