Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday: A Day in the Sun

We started out with brunch at a ramen noodle place, although I don't know if the characters behind us have any meaning.

On the way to Union Square, we admired the architecture on the roofs:

And even noticed new details on Union Square West:


We wandered among the stalls at the market, including this one which featured items carved out of Tibetan salt slabs (if memory serves):

A butterfly posed for us incongruously amidst the bustling merchants and shoppers:


We went to a chocolate shop (of course!), a travel boutique, vintage jewelry shop, and the City Bakery ... and then RunnerNYC had to split off for Mass. U-chan and I went shopping the rest of the afternoon (grand total: $20 for a fabulous set of supersized bling earrings) then caught a meal at the Galaxy Diner. I had thought it was only 5 p.m. because it was so bright out, but it was already 7 p.m. What can I say? Sunshine makes me so happy.

1 comment:

Runner NYC said...

What a great day! I'm pretty sure you're right about the Tibetan salt sculptures. I've got a nearly identical butterfly pic!