Saturday, May 24, 2008

Urban Hiking - Part 2 (Views from NJ)

A junk passes by:

Posts echo the buildings on the other side of the Hudson:

Townhouses angled in greedily for views:

I think this was the view from Weehawken, near the dueling grounds where Aaron Burr mortally wounded Alexander Hamilton. (I told my fellow hikers about the "Got Milk?" commercial that cleverly drew on this incident.)

Stretching in Hoboken, as we enter the final stretch:


The hike ended in Jersey City, near the PATH train, with more good views, including a clear shot of our starting point (the GW Bridge) way in the distance upstream. Pretty cool, though I still prefer walking on soil and rocks out in nature. Barring the promised t-storms, I should get to try the Gunks next weekend. So stay tuned.

No comments: