Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

My nieces basked in the affection of two parents, four grandparents, an aunt, and an uncle. I'd given them most of my gifts the night before, so I was not competing for their attention. (I reserved just one gift, a donation of small farm animals to an impoverished family made in the name of my elder niece. With some help from her parents, I think she may be old enough to understand and appreciate this gift, now that she's listened to Little House on the Prairie...)

The little one was intensely focused for a long time on this pop-up fairy tale castle book:


The elder one enjoyed a turn in her own custom-made inversion machine:


This wood sledge is decked out with fresh holly and ivy for the season:


Love, joy, and chaos abounded. What bliss!

No comments: