Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Day

OK, so I didn't make it to church today - honestly, I wasn't trying very hard - but I spent a good 2-1/2 hours playing outside in my snowshoes, to a soundtrack (on shuffle) of Christmas music, upbeat dance tunes, and contemporary worship songs.

This was time spent with angels:

and families:

Mostly I just marveled at the beauty all around me in fresh-fallen snow and let joy and wonder fill my heart as I tromped up and down hill, through forest and meadow, making fresh tracks.


In this low-resolution photo, you can't see the graffiti carved into the bark (it says "PATRIOTS"):
A cross-country skier pointed out a pair of cardinals, so I hung around for a while to watch them and their friends:








A quick video:


The pond was partly frozen:


Once again, the waterfowl pay no attention to the "DANGER THIN ICE" signs that are only there for their own good:








This boy clearly got stuck in the Imagination Playground. I hope his dog can save him.

A few pets who really enjoy the cold:
Ah, dragons!!
A few of the dogs I saw out in the snow were having a truly amazing time, leaping about like mad. So cute!

No comments: