Friday, February 12, 2010

Brooklyn Botanic Garden

Another magical visit (and my eighth post on the garden so far). There was green in the park, along with the stark black and white -- rhododendrons and bamboo, in addition to the various pines. Also ivy; it was climbing up on the southern exposure of tree trunks, which is the sunnier side. The north side was not only bare of ivy but usually had snow that the sun's rays had not managed to reach. It almost looked as if the ivy and snow were battling for control of the trunk, each trying to creep around to the other's turf.

A few tracks in the cherry orchard, with a little snowman:

Rising above the gate to the Japanese hill-and-pond garden:

The frozen pond:


The color coordinated sign says "DANGER THIN ICE" - but I suppose it's ok for those who can walk on water:

I liked these backlit:

Can these be the first spring buds? Surely it's too early and too cold for that!

I thought my picture-taking was all done, but then I saw this sculpture-like tree:


No comments: