Saturday, February 06, 2010

Progress

I set some priorities last weekend, and have mostly made progress in reading / watching / listening in French every day. Moderate progress in staying on top of chores and QT. (Though I'm 1 week behind in TBLTY reading.) Went to yoga this morning, which felt really great. Other items... not so much.

New word of the week (since I heard it in class AND in a Buffy episode): le boulot

New expression of the week: Métro, boulot, dodo. (Basically: work, work, work - but literally subway, work, sleepy-time.)

It's nice to see architectural details of the brownstones all highlighted with snow, though I'm sorry there's not enough accumulation for snowshoeing.

It was also great to have a small, select mahjong game last Sunday. Hadn't realized it was so long since G-san and U-chan were at my apartment. They hadn't seen my bookcase, and that's well over a year old. Then again, I didn't host many shindigs at my place last year (and the few I did host, they weren't able to attend). It's strange how much Z has influenced my views of things. Under his influence, I became perhaps less social and had more a sense of rattling around chez moi. These and some other attitudes, not entirely helpful, have lingered. Not entirely clear on the next step. I can see: staying put (yay, inertia!), moving into the city, or moving away entirely (Boston the most tempting, but Chicago and San Diego each have their draw). I'm not sure moving into Manhattan would do what I'd like it to do for me. I'm just not a New Yorker, when it comes down to it. Right now I feel like California could do me some good (note to self: NOT Sunnydale). Or then again, why not go where the hiking is? Sigh - inertia will definitely have its way in the short term, at least, but I'll keep the eyes of my heart open.

U-chan made some delicious Earl Grey cookies, and G-san gave me a lovely chocolate mouse:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you last weekend. Well I did not know you were thinking of moving out of New York - well, let's get together soon...u

LeesMyth said...

Haven't done ANYthing that could actually lead to me moving; it's just my feeling that my heart is not really here. But yes, let's get together soon.