Monday, December 20, 2010

Pumpkin Soup

I'm suddenly on a great productivity kick. I invented my own pumpkin soup recipe from odds and ends in my kitchen: 2/3 of a can of pumpkin purée, some vanilla soymilk and water to achieve the right consistency, thin slices of bell pepper and onion, then oregano, curry powder, chili powder, nutmeg, salt, and rosemary to taste. It was savory and delicious.

Meanwhile I got two loads of laundry underway in time to watch the finale of The Sing-Off in the lounge. (Just now Sara Bareilles was singing with the Backbeats - pretty cool.)

And did I mention I got the first 5 Christmas cards out the door this morning? Including the card to my visitee.

So it's all good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What or who is a "visitee" ?

Bill.

LeesMyth said...

Each deacon at my church is assigned to stay in touch regularly with one or more home-bound parishioners, through letters, phone calls, and/or visits as appropriate.

The idea is to help the visitee feel connected to the outside world etc. and also to keep an eye on the situation and let a social worker know confidentially if the individual might need assistance of any kind.