Thursday, December 02, 2010

Wish List

My mom asked me over Thanksgiving what I wanted for Christmas, and I couldn't think of anything. All I could say at the time was I have everything I want or need (with the silent qualifier, ...that money can buy). My mom was disappointed with this response, and I felt bad about it too. But who wants more stuff to store in a NYC apartment??

Now that I'm shopping for the rest of my family, however, I can think of a LOT of things I want. Neither extravagant nor routine, but perfectly suitable gift items that would be useful and enjoyable, a real treat. And it's too late! My parents are incommunicado until just before Christmas.

It's all I can do to keep my self-gifting to a minimum. The secret (I think) is to keep a running list of what I want so I will know the next time people might want to get me something.

No comments: