Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Time Out New York

When I first subscribed to Time Out New York, many moons ago, it seemed very fresh and clever. Not so much now. Both of us have changed, and perhaps we've just grown apart. So why do I have a subscription at this time, you ask?

Well, it still has a pretty comprehensive listing of events throughout the city (even if some of those listings are less useful than they used to be, since the address is not necessarily included with each entry). And I'd say it's less annoying than New York magazine and has better coverage than The New Yorker.

Or at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.*

* Not to mention the one column that I immediately turn to in each issue, on the off-chance that the columnist will say something particularly thrilling or insightful. What can I say? Hope springs eternal.

No comments: