Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Walk (Clockwise)

We went clockwise this time, from Cornish (blue) to Brook (red) to Notch (blue) to Washburn (white).


There were guys leaning over the creepy ruin
artificial pond as we approached...
Lo, and behold!  Frogs!!! 
I think that counter-clockwise is the more traditional approach for this particular loop.  The problem with going clockwise is that you have pretty much a long easy ascent (just one short steep bit) ... followed by a slightly tricky descent (scree, mud, and rocks).   

In any event, I pushed along as quickly and steadily as I could, for practice (since I will need to keep up with Bill and Sarah in September).  







I think the surrealists would like this spot....

This bud's for you.

On the way back to town, I noticed this gleaming, well-cared-for car:

Not quite sure what to make of this...

There were lovely flowering trees in yellow, white, and purple. 
Glimpse of sky and clouds
We grabbed some refreshments near the train station.  This place was new to me, and I have to say I like the bistro a lot better.

No comments: