Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Yankees Game (Rangers)

I'm no Yankees fan (go, Mets!) but went with some friends to a game against the Rangers today. Last baseball game I saw was the NH Fisher Cats, about a year ago. That was a blast with the somewhat intimate stadium experience, inter-inning competitions and entertainment (e.g., dogs catching frisbees) -- and the Fisher Cats are apparently a big feeder team for the Red Sox). A Yankees game at Yankee Stadium is a somewhat different experience, but this was fun too -- everyone got into it. Two of the gang had never been to a baseball game before, and another two were a bit shaky on the rules (Marcello wanted to know how much time was remaining in the inning - a question that is difficult to answer).



We also had with us a die-hard Yankees hater (that's not me - to paraphrase one of my favorite New Yorker cartoons, I don't hate the Yankees, I just have issues with the Yankees). Poor guy, he sat glumly while the crowd got wild over a home run. As for me, I left after the most exciting inning, when the Yankees came back from their early losses (I think they were losing 1-9 at the end of the third inning) to lead 11-10 at the end of the fifth inning. They ultimately won by one point. I hear that was pretty exciting too.

No comments: