Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Flying

It was high time to strap on the skates. Went for a spin around the park, and then the adventure began. Many pictures came out fuzzily because I took them without stopping. Here's an on-purpose action shot, in case you are curious how I look when I'm skating:


Training wheels and piers:


The Yellow Arches (boarded up McDonald's):


The Red Arches (sculpture near the Brooklyn Bridge):
A quick skating video on the Brooklyn Bridge:


A great day for kites:


An exhilarating day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of your skate!!

LeesMyth said...

Thanks! I also took a short video clip of the East River through the slats in the Brooklyn Bridge while I was skating over it, but I don't know how to post it here. The video is really funny, of course, because you don't really see the river unless you are looking for it - you just see my feet skating back and forth on top of the wooden slats. I'll show it on May 20, if you remind me.

Anonymous said...

Cool! Can't wait to see it! If you can e-mail it to me, please do. My memory doesn't really last more than a few days now.