Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Parable of Oprah

A business student of Oprah's approached her and said, "I'm passionate about cooking, ... but my parents have spent nearly $100,000 on my education. For me to now announce that I want to cook.... How can I change my mind?" Oprah looked on her with compassion and replied, "Is $100,000 worth a life not fulfilled? How much of your life will you have to consume before you can please you?"
--Adapted from The Best of Oprah's "What I Know for Sure"

Five things I'm grateful for this morning:

1. My body's ability to tell me when it needs some rest.
2. Sunshine.
3. Oatmeal (a real surprise to me - I used to think my mom was crazy for loving the bland, pasty stuff).
4. Colleagues who respect me and value my work.
5. A little bit of a crush on someone who may become a good friend.

I have only six days to wrap things up at work (not counting the holiday weekend), or nine days to finish preparing for my adventures in Tuscany. Wow!

No comments: