Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Confession

OK, I'll admit it. In Ireland, I went over to the "dark side" and read Philip Pullman's His Dark Matter trilogy -- even though I excoriated him previously. In my defense, I needed something to read on the long bus ride to and from Cashel. But that doesn't really explain why I bought all three books. The story and characters were definitely interesting, although not quite interesting enough to lug the books back to the U.S. with me. So I left them in public places for other curious readers. Hopefully that worked! (On the train, someone tried to return one of the books to me after I'd left it on the table. The airplane was better, because I could slip it into the seat pocket in front of me and slip out undetected. I don't remember what I did with the third volume.)

No comments: