Monday, August 21, 2006

Remembering Martin

I went bowling tonight for the first time in six years. Despite the black light and the loud 80's music (yippee!), bowling still seems like my grandfather's hobby -- which it was, until he was 94 or so. For my grandfather, a "bad day" at the lanes was when he got only 180 points. (I think I broke 50 once, but not yesterday. And hey, I almost got a strike one time, does that count?) He was a really sweet guy, somehow both frail and strong at the same time. It would have meant a lot to him if he could have seen me married off, and I very much regret that I didn't marry someone in the early 90's while he was alive. There was one guy I wondered about at the time -- I don't know if it would have worked out in the long term, but it would almost have been worth it for my grandfather's sake. And life is uncertain anyway, so who knows. Requiem im pace.

No comments: