Thursday, September 21, 2006

Future Foot Fetishist?

So I'm on the way home from the subway this afternoon. I'm walking down the street, minding my own business, and staying to the right on the sidewalk as an ordinary courtesy to pedestrians who are going the opposite way.

A very small child with a pacifier comes along, toddling in front of his mom, and there's plenty of room for them. Then all of a sudden, I realize the child has veered sharply left and is lurching toward me. Stepping quickly in my elegant high heels, I get out of his way -- and he adjusts his course to continue heading for me.

Surprisingly, the toddler is intently staring and pointing at my feet (or possibly my shoes) as he draws closer. He seems mesmerized.

His mom apologizes and brings him back to their side of the sidewalk and they resume their journey, but I'm left wondering: are foot fetishists born or made? (The old nature vs. nurture debate.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they were the shoes you were wearing at Cafe Gray, I can understand the little one's fascination! They're great shoes!!

LeesMyth said...

Thanks! I've been wearing them a lot more recently, it's great fun. Just need to be extra careful on the subway stairs....