Saturday, February 24, 2007

Alas for Bing!

Today, I didn't run -- I only "tried" to run. I went about half a mile, and just wasn't into it. The music on my iPod wasn't doing it for me, even the bright sunshine wasn't doing it for me. My mood (to put it bluntly) sucked. On the way home, I stopped at a hardware store, and spent a long time looking for something that would serve as a handle for the crummy hollow folding closet doors in my guest room (the previous owners had drilled a 0.75 inch hole into the door, which is way too big for any normal handle). I came up with a rectangular plate pull (designed for a chest). We shall see if that works.

2 comments:

Runner NYC said...

I'm sorry your day didn't go well yesterday! Can the hole be plugged in some way that will allow you to use the hardware you prefer?

LeesMyth said...

Well, I did enjoy the vanilla bean french toast at Jane and seeing the Merchants Museum - so that part of the day was certainly quite nice! It was certainly good to see you. But I've been feeling a bit gloomy recently, and haven't really figured out what to do about it. (It can be difficult to distinguish between symptoms and root causes.) An intense application of the ignore it and shake it off method may be called for, as opposed to the wallow in gloom and overanalyze it method which has proven so ineffective.

As far as the closet doors, my predecessors attempted to do that, with only limited success. The hollow closet doors are of such poor quality that any solution I can implement myself will be temporary at best.