Friday, June 22, 2007

Post-Volleyball Conversation

Sam: Do you live alone?
Me: Yes.
Sam: Have you always lived alone?
Me: [slight pause] No. [beat] When I was a child, I lived with my parents.

4 hours of volleyball for $6.00 is a pretty good deal, and not a bad way to spend a Friday evening. Plus you are thrown into semi-random loosely affiliated teams with people of varying skills, temperament, and teamsmanship. But everyone was supportive, and our overall bad playing allowed for some spectacular "saves."

We were in the "kids' court" (my term) in which you play off the back walls, but not the side walls, and you can play off the ceiling if you hit it on your side of the net, and you get a "do-over" sometimes (under criteria that remain mysterious to me) if the ball hits one of the basketball boards. It was fun, although I think people started to get a bit loopy after four hours.

No comments: