Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Spring Cleaning 2.0

After a 2-month hiatus (I was giving my toenails time to heal), I went for a run today in Prospect Park. I ran just over a mile, and stopped at the Lonelyville Cafe. It was filled with young mothers and their babies, chatting amicably. (The mothers, that is. The babies were pretty quiet.)

I also took a hard look at my bookshelf to determine which items I do not need/want for future reference or re-reading, that are also in near-pristine condition, and are not gifts from people who are close to me. I cleared out about a foot of space by donating those books and a videotape to the library.

I made keema last night with ground lamb and fresh-squeezed lime juice and spices E brought back from India - it will be perfect for lunch today with fresh-cooked rice.

No comments: