Sunday, November 04, 2007

Soccer: Last Game of the Regular Season

We were right on the cusp of making the playoffs, so we needed to win our 9 pm game up at 138th Street. I traveled up there with a teammate, and was impressed by the lovely facilities in a not-so-great-but-a-lot-better-than-it-used-to-be area. We had 10 players, so 2 subs. One of my teammates decided he didn't want to be responsible for losing the game (if we lost), so he declared himself uninterested in playing. I wanted to play, but I thought it was more important to win this game, so I sat out the first half and cheered my teammates on. But I stepped in for the second half, and was soon caught up in it. In my standard position - right back - I made some good blocks (very wall-like), tried to jump up and hit the ball with my head (missing by only about 2 or 3 feet), managed to get the ball away from the bad guys once or twice, and even made one pass straight to a teammate! What a blast - and to top it off WE WON!!!

1 comment: